Friday, June 09, 2006

Nice Rack

It was Lisa's birthday on Wednesday, and I bought her as full a rack as I could afford. I set myself a budget, and got the best I could within that budget - and I'm pretty pleased with the resulting list:


  • A set of nuts, sizes 1-10

  • 5 screwgate karabiners

  • 5 quickdraws

  • 3 slings, 1 x 30cm, 1 x 60cm, 1 x 120cm



In conjuction with her friend buying her a set of hexcentrics, sizes 3-9, I think that's a pretty good starter rack. We could maybe do with some longer slings, for setting up belays, and we'll need helmets - but then you have to go and try helmets on before you find the one that's right for your head.

We're now itching to try these out in the Peak District at Stanage Edge, where we're going next weekend..... but North Lees campsite is already full. Anyone have any recommendations for a good climbers campsite, near to the crag?

No comments: