Monday, June 26, 2006

I'll Name That Climb In...


Not "Holly Bush Gully"
Originally uploaded by Dr Snooks.
Can anyone tell me what this route is called?
We thought it was "Holly Bush Gully" at the time, but having got back and looked around the photos on UKClimbing.com, it's quite obvious that it wasn't Holly Bush Gully at all. In fact, I've scoured the definitive Stanage guidebook again and again, and I can't figure out which route it is...

Picture and notes here

If you stand looking at the obvious large slabby traverse of "Fairy Steps" ( from here ) then it's literally just round the other side of the buttress to your right. From the top plateau of it, we could see the whole of "Fairy Steps"

So can anyone tell me the correct name for this route, and let me correct my logbook? Or have I done the unthinkable and unwittingly put down a new route on Stanage on my very first climb outside? Surely not...!

Any help appreciated

No comments: