Wednesday, March 23, 2011

HOW many pushups??

Due to a combination of cajolery on Twitter, I seem to have ended up accepting a challenge - the Hundred Push Up Challenge, no less.

Simply put, you follow the training program with an aim of doing 100 pushups in one go at the end. In our case, we seem to have settled on a slightly less intimidating target - whoever does the most on May 18th, wins.

There's mitigating circumstances, and I'm getting my excuses in early - I cracked a rib playing football a couple of weeks ago - but P Biddy has even beaten me in those stakes:

if I'm starting w/a chronic autoimmune disorder that has put me in a wheelchair, I think you can start w/a broken rib!

- and besides, I'm in, I can't back out now.


Apparently videos are required. This perturbs me. But in for a penny, in for a pound, and all that. I also feel like there's an inexorable link between Brits Doing Dumb Challenges and charity, so for every push up I do on the 18th, I'll donate a pound to .... erm, a charity I haven't decided upon yet.

Candidates that spring to mind are:

- Marie Curie cancer care
- CHANCE
- Shelter
- ...?

All suggestions welcome. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Ha! I have thoracic outlet syndrome on my right side! Excuses, excuses...

Peter said...

Thoracic outlet syndrome, meet ankylosing spondlitis!

Alistair Davidson said...

Update - I chose Cancer Research. It's something that will affect 1 in 3 of us at some point, and investing in research is the only way to make any progress.

Page is here - http://www.justgiving.com/Al-Davidson - go on, bung in a tenner!

ashbourne bed and breakfast said...

Some high stakes you've set for yourself. Good luck with it.